The White House has strongly condemned former President Donald Trump’s dinner last week in Mar-a-Lago with notorious racist and anti-Semite Nick Fuentes and Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, whose anti-Semitic tweets were recently blocked on Twitter.
“Having bigotry, hatred and anti-Semitism absolutely no place in America — including in Mar-A-Lago,” the White House said in a statement. “Holocaust denial is repulsive and dangerous and must be strongly condemned.”
When reporters asked President Joe Biden for his opinion on Saturday dinner during his trip to Nantucket for a Christmas tree lighting ceremony, he snapped, “You don’t want to hear what I think.”
Less than two weeks after he announced he was running for president, the Mar-a-Lago dinner blew up in Trump’s face.
The dinner was first revealed in a video posted last Friday by Ye, who claimed he asked Trump for it his Vice President, and that the former President “yelled at” him.
The former president has claimed on Truth Social that he had no idea who Fuentes was when he joined Ye for dinner last Tuesday.
But the two men hit it off, according to sources. Ye said in his video that the former president “very impressive“ with Fuentes. According to witnesses, Trump even praised the Holocaust denier at dinner. “He’ll get me,” Trump reportedly said.
Fuentes is a high-profile right-wing extremist backed by key Trump allies like Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.). Both lawmakers spoke at a white supremacist conference organized by Fuentes earlier this year. This sparked fierce controversy, which was widely and prominently covered by the media and apparently overlooked by Trump.
In yet another attempt to break away from his destructive dinner, Trump turned on Ye in a Truth Social post on Saturday, calling him a “seriously concerned man” whom he offered advice over dinner. In a post on Friday, Trump insisted the rapper “expressed no anti-Semitism” during the meal.
In October, Ye vowed on Twitter to go “death scam 3 against Jews.”
Matt Brooks, executive director of the Republican Jewish Coalition, issued a statement on Friday without naming Trump, saying, “We strongly condemn the virulent anti-Semitism of Kanye West and Nick Fuentes and urge all political leaders to reject and reject their hate messages.” to meet with them.”
Trump spoke via video livestream at an RJC meeting in Las Vegas just a week ago.
The RJC also retweeted a message from former US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, who called Fuentes “human scum” and told Trump that his meeting with both anti-Semite Ye and Fuentes was “unacceptable.”