I’ve been eyeing this match ever sinceGroups were drawn.
Two European juggernauts, Spain and Germany. Two teams that recently won the World Cup and are always there or there in the final stages of international football tournaments. You don’t normally see teams of this caliber square off this early in the tournament, so don’t miss this game.
At the moment Spain and Germany are incredibly even. Both are not as strong as in previous World Cups but Spain have Pedri who is almost certainly the best under-20 player on the planet. This could be a big World Cup for him so keep your eyes peeled.
In the United States, the game will be shown nationally on FS1 and Peacock, available on. Outside the US, it’s carried by other streaming services including BBC in the UK, SBS in Australia and TSN in Canada. But what if you’re traveling outside of your home country and want to enjoy the game, or just want an extra layer of it? ? There’s an option that doesn’t require you to search the web for a sketchy site: you can use a or virtual private network.
Here’s how you can watch the game and the rest of the 2022 World Cup from anywhere in the world using a VPN.
When is the Spain vs Germany game?
Spain will play against Germany Sunday, November 27 at 2:00 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. PT) in the USA.
The match starts at 10pm in Qatar, 7pm in London, 4am in Tokyo and 6am in Sydney.
How to watch Spain vs Germany match online from anywhere with a VPN
If you can’t watch the game locally, using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speed on game day by encrypting your traffic. Also, it’s a great idea when you’re on the go and feel connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy to your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to gain access to the game. So if your ISP or cellphone provider assigned you an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can fix this problem by assigning you an IP address in your correct non-blackout zone. Most VPNs, like oursmake it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you are streaming. You should make sure your VPN is set up properly to avoid leaks: even if VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of people it believes are bypassing blackout restrictions applied correctly.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great onesis happening right now.
ExpressVPN is our current top VPN choice for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a wide range of devices. It usually costs $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access — that’s $6.67 a month — if you purchase an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Live stream of Spain vs Germany game in USA
The match between Spain and Germany takes place on FS1 in USA, so you need onethat wears FS1. The cheapest service of this type is Sling TV Blue.
Among live TV streaming services that broadcast local Fox stations and FS1, Sling TV Blue is the cheapest at $40 per month. Note that Sling is currently running a promotion offering the first month of service for half price ($20) for new subscribers.
One important caveat: While FS1 is available on Sling TV across the US, local Fox affiliates are only available if your billing address is within one of the 18 metro areas covered by Sling’s agreement. If you are outside of one of these areas, it is probably better to use one of the alternative services listed below.
Numerous othersalso carry FS1 and local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Sling TV, but also carry more channels. Check out ours for details.
For Spanish-speaking US citizens, Peacock will broadcast all World Cup games live in Spanish. Games are streamed in Peacock Premium subscription package for $5 per month. This is the cheapest way to watch live games in the US without a cable.
Read our Peacock review.
Watch World Cup 2022 match between Spain and Germany for free in UK
UK fans can watch every World Cup 2022 match for free. Games are split between two services, BBC and ITV If you’re away from the UK, you can use a VPN like Express VPN to watch BBC iPlayer from anywhere.
For non-BBC matches, UK football fans can use the ITV Hub. Both are free and work with numerous devices.
Stream Spain vs Germany 2022 World Cup match in Australia
Fans in Australia can stream all 64 World Cup matches for free with SBS On Demand, the streaming home of the country’s free-to-air TV network. The service also offers full replays, mini-games, and highlights.
In addition to the services and countries listed above, numerous other local events will carry the 2022 World Cup. These include:
- Argentina: TVP
- Belgium: RTBF (French) and VRT (Dutch)
- Brazil: TV Globo
- Canada: Bell Media/TSN
- France: TF1 and beIN Sports
- Germany: ARD and ZDF
- Hong Kong: PCCW
- Japan: Dentsu
- New Zealand: Heaven
- Spain: RTVE
Quick tips for streaming the 2022 World Cup with a VPN
- Because there are four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN — experience and success may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try the “Browse by city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered to the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file for your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that every device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main page to quickly install the VPN on your router. In some cases, after installing a cable network sports app, Smart TV services will ask you to confirm a numeric code or click a link that will be sent to your email address associated with your Smart TV is deposited. Having a VPN on your router also helps here as both devices seem to be in the right place.
- And remember that despite using a VPN, browsers can often reveal a location, so make sure you’re using a privacy-friendly browser to log into their services. We usually recommend .