Let’s admit it; We have always been asked to run two or more operating systems on our computers. It is possible with dual boot, but you cannot dual boot two operating systems at the same time.
The best way to run two or more operating systems on one computer is to use virtualization products. Virtualization products like VirtualBox allow you to create virtual machines and run different operating systems.
Let’s say you’re using a Windows PC but want to experiment with Linux. In that case, you can install virtualization software on your Windows PC and experiment with Linux.
What is VirtualBox?
VirtualBox is a very popular open source program Software for virtualization the x86 computing architecture. We will not discuss anything technical as it may be difficult for you to understand.
You can simply use VirtualBox as a software package that allows you to use your PC’s memory to create a virtual environment.
After you create a virtual machine, you can run another operating system on it. Let’s say you use a Windows PC but want to experience Linux. A virtual machine lets you run Linux alongside your Windows PC.
So, it is open-source software that helps run one operating system within another operating system.
System requirements for VirtualBox
While VirtualBox may sound simple, it has an extensive list of requirements. Not every computer can handle Virtualbox. You not only need a mid or high-end PC, but also a compatible processor to run Virtualbox.
Below we have listed the system requirements for running VirtualBox on a PC. Listen.
- Processor: A CPU with ‘Virtualization Technology’ is required. You also need a multi-core processor with at least 4 cores to run it on a device.
- Storage: At least 20 GB for each virtual machine.
- R.A.M: At least 4 GB is required for virtualization. 8GB is recommended for smoother performance.
- GPU: Mandatory if you plan to run graphics-intensive applications on the virtual machine.
So these are them System requirements to run Virtualbox on a PC. Even if your processor has virtualization technology, you may need to enable it from the BIOS/UEFI screen.
Download the latest version of VirtualBox for PC
Now that you know what VirtualBox is, you might want to download VirtualBox on your PC.
Since VirtualBox is an open source software, it is free and anyone can download and install it without spending anything. Below we have shared the download links for VirtualBox.
These are the direct download links fetched from VirtualBox official page. All downloads are virus and malware free and completely safe to download and use.
Steps to install VirtualBox on PC
After you have downloaded the VirtualBox, you can install it. However, during the installation you will be given many different options. Some of the features and options will confuse you; So we came up with a simple method Install VirtualBox on the PC.
1. First, download the VirtualBox installer and install it on your PC. You can get the download links from the above section.
2. Once downloaded, run the Oracle VM Virtualbox installer and Accept the terms of the license agreement.
3. Select the Location to install the VirtualBox and click Next.
4. Now you will see the warning of network interfaces. Click on that Yes Button. This will temporarily disconnect you from your internet.
5. On the Ready to Install screen, click To install Button.
6. Now you have to wait for VirtualBox to be installed on your computer.
7. Open after installation VirtualBox on your computer via the start menu. You will see a similar screen.
8. To add a virtual machine, click “New‘ icon above.
9. Now name the new virtual machineselect the virtual machine installation folder and the ISO file of the operating system you want to install.
Important: You will be prompted to enable virtualization before installing a virtual machine. The steps to enable virtualization depend on your processor and motherboard. You can watch videos on YouTube to learn how to enable virtualization or SVM mode on your processor.
That’s it! In another article, we will discuss installing Windows, Linux, macOS, etc. on VirtualBox. This was about installing VirtualBox on a PC.
Also Read: Windows 11 ISO Free Download
So that’s all about how to download and install VirtualBox on a PC. If you need more help installing VirtualBox on PC, let us know in the comments. If the article helped you, share it with your friends too.