Death of Kirstie Alley – Latest: ‘Cheers and Look Who’s Talking’ actress dies aged 71 as John pays tribute to Travolta

Actress Kirstie Alley has died aged 71

Kirstie Alley, an actress best known for her role on the sitcom cheersAccording to her family, she died at the age of 71.

“The zest for life and passion of our mother, her children, grandchildren and her many animals, not to mention her everlasting joy in creating, was unparalleled and inspires us to live life to the fullest, just as she did,” wrote her family on Twitter.

Alley was surrounded by loved ones in her final moments at Moffit Cancer Center in Florida, they said.

alley Look who’s talking Co-star John Travolta paid tribute to the actor in a statement Monday.

“Kirstie was one of the most special relationships I’ve ever had,” he wrote on Instagram. “I love you Kirstie. I know we will meet again.”

In her later years, Alley claimed she was “balled black” by Hollywood for her conservative views and support for Donald Trump.

1670296502

Megyn Kelly mourns the loss of Kirstie Alley

Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly is among the many well-known figures mourning the death cheers Actress Kirstie Alley.

“This is such sad news,” Kelly wrote on Twitter on Monday. “A beautiful, brave, funny and loved woman.”

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 3:15 am

1670295602

Cheers star openly spoke of struggles with drugs

In 2019, she revealed that she was addicted to cocaine in the 1970s while celebrating 40 years of sobriety.

That cheers Actor who also acted Look who’s talkingOn Twitter, she shared her struggle with drug addiction.

Alley, 68, shared a photo of a bouquet of flowers she bought and wrote: “For you guys that don’t know much about me, I used to be a cokehead. In 1979 I quit drugs and vowed to spend the same dollars on flowers every week that I spent on drugs. I buy and arrange my own flowers as gifts for ME. I buy them at the grocery store [sic].”

Jacob Stolworthy has more info.

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 03:00

1670294702

John Travolta pays tribute to Kirstie Alley and their ‘special relationship’ as she dies of cancer aged 71

John Travolta has paid tribute to his former co-star and longtime friend Kirstie Alley following her death from cancer aged 71.

“Kirstie was one of the most special relationships I’ve ever had,” Mr. Travolta said on Instagram Monday night. “I love you Kirstie. I know we will meet again.”

Ms Alley, an actress who got her big break as Rebecca Howe on the TV show Cheers, starred with Mr. Travolta in the films Look Who’s Talking, and both were members of the Church of Scientology.

Io Dodds has the details.

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 2:45 am

1670293802

Thousands watch clip of Kirstie Alley and John Travolta dancing from ‘Look Who’s Talking’

Following news that actress Kirstie Alley has died, fans are flocking to an old clip of her and John Travolta dancing in a scene from the 1989s Look who’s talking.

Here is the scene in question.

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 02:30

1670292902

John Travolta pays tribute to former co-star Kirstie Alley

John Travolta is one of several friends and former co-stars remembering Kirstie Alley, whose death was announced Monday.

“Kirstie was one of the most special relationships I’ve ever had,” he wrote on his Instagram account Look who’s talking Costar sharing old photos of the two together.

“I love you Kirstie,” he added. “I know we will meet again.”

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 2:15 am

1670292098

Read Kirstie Alley’s family’s full statement on her death

Kirstie Alley has died at the age of 71, according to her family.

Here is her full statement on the matter, posted to Alley’s Twitter account on Monday.

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 02:01

1670292010

Actress Kirstie Alley has died of cancer at the age of 71, the family says

Actress Kirstie Alley has died at the age of 71 from complications from cancer, her family said.

Alley, best known for her role as Rebecca in cheersShe died surrounded by her family after undergoing treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center in Florida, her family announced on Monday evening.

Graem Massie follows the story for The Independent.

Josh MarcusDecember 6, 2022 02:00