Apple today announced the recipients of the 2022 App Store Awards, and this year’s list of winners all stand out for demonstrating “the endless possibilities” in the App Store and across all Apple devices. Trending social app BeReal wins the top prize on the iPhone for 2022. Apple also presents the best iPad, Mac, Apple TV and Apple Watch apps of the year alongside the winners of the games.
These are the top winners in each category of Best Apps & Games for 2022:
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal, from BeReal.
- iPad App of the Year: GoodNotes 5 by Time Base Technology Limited.
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10, by Synium Software GmbH.
- Apple TV App of the Year: ViX, by TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentle Streak, by Gentler Stories LLC.
Apple says these 16 apps and games “represent the vast possibilities in the App Store and Apple’s ecosystem of devices.” The App Store editors also selected five apps as Cultural Impact winners for making a lasting impact on life and impacting culture.
These apps are recognized for their cultural impact:
- how we feel by How We Feel Project, Inc.
By encouraging users to tap into their emotional well-being with the ease of daily check-in, how we feel helps users put difficult emotions into words and presents strategies for addressing those emotions in the moment.
- Dot’s home from the Rise-Home Stories Project
Dot’s Home sheds light on systemic housing injustices and the resulting impact within communities of color through an engaging and thoughtful time-travel story.
- Medallion widget by Locket Labs, Inc.
Allow users to send Live Photos directly to family and friends’ home screens, Medallion widget fosters a close connection between loved ones, free from traditional social media pressures.
- Water Llama by Vitalii Mogylevets
With its colorful design and smooth guidance water llama makes it fun to achieve hydration goals using creative challenges, reminders, and cuddly characters to keep users on track.
- Inua – A Tale in Ice and Time by ARTE Experience
Inua – A Story in Ice and Time offers an immersive, mystical adventure for users to explore historical events that weave elements of Inuit traditions, folklore and breathtaking stories.
Did you enjoy any of these apps this year? Let us know what your top picks for 2022 are in the comments!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Visit 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: